A family of seven was displaced after a house fire in Oxnard Sunday, but no one was injured, officials said.

Oxnard Battalion Chief Steve Reyes said burning candles were apparently the cause of the fire that was contained to an upstairs bedroom of the house in the 3900 block of South G Street.

The fire reported around 11 a.m. took about 10 minutes to extinguish, he said.
He said the family of two adults and five children will have to stay out of the house for at least a couple days. “The bedroom is not habitable,” he said.

The Oxnard and Ventura County fire departments along with a federal fire agency stationed on the Port Hueneme side of Naval Base Ventura County responded, he said.
The family had escaped from the house by the time firefighters arrived, he said.