The Oxnard Union High School District is recalling all employees to return to work on April 26. District students will remain voluntary to return through the end of the school year.
Currently public health conditions are rapidly improving across the State of California. The Ventura County made it’s transition from the Red Tier to the less restrictive Orange Tier under the framework established by the California Department of Public Health (“CDPH”). We anticipate that we will also transition to the additionally less restrictive Yellow Tier by the end of April 2021.
Due to the rapidly improving public health environment and under conditions set forth in Section 3.0 and Section 4.08 of the October 24, 2020 MOU between the District and OFTSE Regarding The COVID-19 Pandemic and Distance Learning For The 2020-2021 School Year the District has given notice to the Oxnard Federation of Teachers and School Employees that the District is recalling all employees to return to work on-site at District campuses and all other District locations as of April 26, 2021. The District also gave notice of a willingness to continue negotiating the effects of this notice. All employees will return to work in-person at their regular worksites according to their full time assignment – Monday through Friday, excepting District Holidays.
District students will remain voluntary to return through the end of Quarter 4 and staff will remain voluntary to return during the first two weeks of Quarter 4 – April 12, 2021 through April 23, 2021.
All employees will receive a $500 dollar stipend for working in-person between April 12, 2021 through June 16, 2021
As safety is always a mutual concern for OFTSE, CSEA, and the District, the District has implemented extensive safety measures at each worksite and is layering multiple mitigation strategies as recommended by the CDPH and VCPH. The District is also following the Cal/OSHA COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standards which were enacted specifically to address and prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace. During the last twelve months, the District has worked with employees to ease the difficulties they have faced from pandemic mitigation measures imposed by local and state authorities. The District remains committed to working with employees in this regard.
Therefore, the District will offer the following options to employees during the period from April 26, 2021 through June 16, 2021:
1. Any employee who submits their retirement or resignation paperwork to the Human Resources Department by 5:00 p.m. on April 23, 2021, with a retirement or resignation effective June 16, 2021 through June 30, 2021 will have the option to stay voluntarily in remote work for the remainder of the school year.
2. Any employee who submits to the District a written medical exemption from returning to in-person instruction/services to the Human Resources Department by 5:00 p.m. on April 23, 2021 will have the option to stay voluntarily in remote work for the remainder of the school year.
3. The District will accept requests from employees for an unpaid leave of absence from April 26, 2021 through June 30, 2021, if the request is submitted to the Human Resources Department by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday April 15, 2021
4. The District understands that employees may have childcare needs during this period relating to their own children’s return to school. The District will continue its partnership with the Boys and Girls Club’s to provide on-site childcare services for elementary aged children of District employees.
5. The District is committed to working as needed with individual employees to reasonably resolve conflicts that occur between elementary school hybrid schedules and the District’s in person hybrid learning schedule.