On Wednesday, August 5, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., the County of Ventura will host a virtual Community Forum open to all members of the public online via Zoom to discuss the intersection of race and law enforcement in our community. The Community Forum will consist of a panel of County leaders and community representatives who will participate in a roundtable discussion, followed by questions from the public.
The August 5th Community Forum will be moderated by Monique Nowlin, County of Ventura Diversity and Inclusion Task Force representative and Deputy Director of the Ventura County Area Agency on Aging. Panelists will include:
- Bill Ayub, Ventura County Sheriff
- Claudia Bautista, Assistant Ventura County Public Defender
- Regina Hatcher-Crawford, President, Ventura County NAACP
- Sevet Johnson, Director, Ventura County Behavioral Health
- Marcus Mitchell, Director, Ventura County Department of Child Support Services
- Mike Powers, Ventura County Executive Officer
- Greg Totten, Ventura County District Attorney
- Roslynn Wilfert, Representative, Black Lawyers of Ventura County
Due to COVID-19 and current health orders, members of the public are invited to attend the webinar online or by phone. The online forum will also be livestreamed via social media on the County’s Facebook page and Spanish Facebook page. Questions for the panelists may be submitted via email prior to and during the forum at email@example.com. To attend the forum, please visit www.ventura.org/forum.