State orders additional restrictions to slow the spread of COVID-19: On July 13, Governor Newsom and the California Department of Public Health announced closures for indoor operations for many sectors. Read the full order at: https://vcportal.ventura.org/covid19/docs/2020-07-13_Statewide_Public_Health_Officer_Order.pdf. Read the news release at: https://vcportal.ventura.org/covid19/docs/pr/2020-07-13_PressRelease_VCPH_AdditionalRestrictions.pdf. Frequently Asked Question: Can you play Organized or Recreational Team Sports?No. All organized and/or recreational team sports activities are prohibited until further notice. This applies to all organized sports teams (except professional teams, which may be covered by a separate order), including those associated with public and private schools and colleges, and adult and youth sports organizations. This prohibition applies to members of a team gathering together for games, practices, physical conditioning, drills and any other group activity that involves two or more persons gathering at the same place and time for an organized team activity. The California Department of Public Health (“CDPH”) guidance on day camps (“Guidance”), which has been approved for implementation by the County Health Officer, permits recreational activities that involve day campers sharing toys and equipment provided the campers comply with social distancing requirements. Neither the Guidance on day camps, nor any other guidance issued by the CDPH, shall be construed to permit organized team sports activities contrary to the intent of this order. FAQ’S are directives from the State and/or Local Public Health Officer, and have the same force and effect as other State and/or Local Public Health Officer directives.https://www.venturacountyrecovers.org/faqs/TestingThe Moorpark Testing site will be closed on Tuesday 7/14/20 and will reopen on 7/15/20 for maintenance.Drive through testing is only for Ventura County residents or those that work in Ventura County.On 7/14/20 the following drive through testing sites are open from 10 am to 7 pm.
- Ford Dealership, 128 S. Hallock Drive Santa Paula 93060 (open Monday through Friday)
- Oxnard College, 4000 S. Rose Ave, Oxnard 93003 (open Friday through Tuesday)
- Ventura College, 4667 Telegraph Road, Ventura 93003 (open Monday through Friday)
ResultsIn an effort to speed up the result turnaround time all COVID-19 results from drive-thru testing will be delivered by Healthvana via text message and email within 3-5 days of testing. Text messages will come from short code 498-96 and emails will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not receive your results within 5 days of testing, please visit www.healthvana.com/contact. Please use these results as official record for any employment-related needs you might have. Food Share Pop-Up Pantries for the week of July 137/14 5 pm, El Rio, Rio Mesa High School, 545 Central Avenue7/15, 3 pm Oxnard College Park, 3250 South Rose Avenue7/16, 3 pm, Thousand Oaks, Conejo Creek South, 1300 E. Janss Road7/17, 3 pm, Santa Paula, Harding Park 1330 E. Harvard Blvd.7/18, 12:30, Moorpark, Ruben Castro Charities, 5700 Condor Drive Business RegistrationAll businesses that are permitted to be open by the State must confirm the following at www.vcreopens.com to be operating during this time:
- Review the state guidance https://covid19.ca.gov/industry-guidance/
- Upon reviewing the guidance, complete a detailed risk assessment of your business in accordance with the state guidelines.
- Complete a written worksite-specific COVID-19 Prevention Plan and post it at your business.
- Implement the prevention measures identified in your worksite-specific COVID-19 Prevention Plan.
- Designate an on-duty employee responsible for monitoring compliance with your plan.
- Complete the attestation form at www.vcemergency.com/business-attestation.
- Post the COVID compliance hotline contact information on a flyer in an area where customers can easily view it.