COVID-19 update for the County of Ventura as of May 12, 2020
COVID-19 Testing: No cost covid-19 testing is offered for all community members at two state locations in our County. Please register by calling 1-888-634-1123 or online at www.lhi.care/covidtesting. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 am to 8 pm.
- Oxnard Performing Arts Center, 800 Hobson Way, Oxnard, CA 93030
- Thousand Oaks Library – Newbury Park Branch, 2331 Borchard Road, Newbury Park, CA 91320
Reopening Ventura County: Visit www.vcreopens.com to register your business. Curbside retail, manufacturing, logistics, office-based businesses, car washes, pet grooming and other businesses are now permitted to open in Stage 2 of the State’s Roadmap to Reopening. Learn more about each stage at: https://covid19.ca.gov/roadmap/. The County has made progress in meeting the Governor’s requirements for moving forward. These steps have included: hospital surge and personal protective equipment capacity; protection of high-risk patient populations: seniors, long term care facility residents, homeless and most recently expanded efforts in contact tracing capacity and testing. The efforts to protect our community health and our local economy are aligned. Investing in these public health steps will benefit the health of our community as well as our local economy.Resources
- Food: http://foodshare.com/covid19/
- Senior Services: https://www.vcaaa.org/covid-19/
- Unemployment assistance: https://www.vcemergency.com/resources
- Business resources: https://edcollaborative.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/EDC-COVID19-BUSINESS-RESOURCE-GUIDE.pdf
- Wellness: https://www.wellnesseveryday.org/coping-during-coronavirus
- Coping with stress: https://habits.vcbh.org/
- Support resources: https://www.ventura.org/departments/hsa/community-events/coronavirus-remote-resources/remote-resources-during-coronavirus/
- Frequently asked questions about the Stay Well VC Order:https://www.vcemergency.com/staywellvc/faqs-general
**7 cases provided a PO Box address that was assigned to another zip code within the city.
***Population estimates for 2020 from www.healthmattersinvc.org (Demographics Dashboard).